Wednesday, June 13

Lorraine's Jubilee Album


Our Spanish teacher, Lorraine, is retiring at the end of this year and I was asked to make her an album. We got staff members to write a little note to her and she had a lot of photos from teaching for me to use, so that made it a lot of fun to create.  I found this stand at Michael's, and it seemed a perfect fit to the fiesta papers I was using. The little sombrero is an added touch, which I got at a crop.

I mixed sayings and photos.  On the right page, I went around all the photos I cut out and collaged with a white pen and added the dots...makes it pop a little.

I laughed over some of the student photos from her classes over the years...sure looks like they are having fun.  I wanted to get as many of the kids into her album as possible, so cut them out and collaged them together.

Lorraine gave me some photos of herself over the years to add in.

I know Lorraine is already enjoying this memento of her teaching career, since she has been taking it with her to show to people.  Enjoy your "Jubilee" Lorraine!

Jubilee=Retirement...I kind of like that way of looking at it!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you put this album on the stand for display and the sombrero is just the perfect touch! I also like the collaged photos so that you fit more in...great idea! It's so fun and festive and such a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet project! She will cherish this forever - I am certain of it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest