I always like it when I can do two things at once. Today, I am working on the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp, and making my altered Valentine tin for an art swap.
I started with an Altoids tin, and covered it with Tim Holtz tissue tape.
Covered inside and out
Next, I thought I would add a bit of color with some Distress ink.
Added some vintage images to the tin.
New paint to try out from Martha Stewart - pearl, and I like it!
Didn't want to stop playing, so added some crackle paint next, here and there.
Oh, flowers, metal, ruler, metal number to add some dimension inside.
Screwed on a skate key, added on a love key, tulle(Stampin Up) and some bakers twine.
Another new item to try out that I learned about from Creative Jumpstart - glass bead gel medium. This is very cool stuff! It's not quite dry for the photo, should be clear, but I put it on thick, and I need to finish this up. There you go - my altered tin and its creative journey.