Tuesday, July 9

July Tim Holtz Inspired Tag

Time to play! I have been looking forward to doing a Tim tag again, and lucky me - this also fits the Simon Says Stamp challenge perfectly - to use a little stamp or a little stamping. I have found myself reaching for this little star stamp by Heather lately.
I started out with my brayer and distress stains - laid out the ink on my craft mat, brayered over it and applied to the tag. Love this look! Thanks for this fab idea, Tim!
It needs something, so I pulled out a Mr. Huey's mask, some Picket Fence distress paint and Mister Huey Calico Shine. I am liking this red, white, and blue effect.
Stamped and fussy cut the riverboat image from Stampendous, then layered this on, and took some corrugated cardboard and Salty Ocean distress paint to make waves.
Layer on a sprinkling of stars (colored with my distress markers), Liberty (Art Impressions), distress the edges, a little clip with a bit of hemp and a metal star (Blue Moon), some filmstrip and hand dyed ribbon.
My little July tag is ready to share on Tim's blog, Simon Says, and I made an extra one for my art group swap. Three in one! What can be better!

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!! Love this liberty tag Maura! The background stamp is wonderful, and I love the ship! Great star touch too! Thank you for stamping a little with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maura...your patriotic tag is so cool! Love the corrugated texture that you added as water. Your brayered Distress Stain background is a very cool technique. Love the white stenciling over it as well. The blueprint stars and how you colored them look fabulous. They really draw your eye to them. And the ship is also a great stamp. Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING this, Maura!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest