Sunday, May 25

Simon Says Botanical Challenge

I need a birthday card for a dear friend, and I recently got this great hot air balloon stamp set from Close to My Heart. If you follow the blog, by now you know I am a fan of hot air balloons. Over at Simon Says, the challenge this week is botanical, and this lovely stamp fits the bill for me.


Playing with some blue distress inks to make my sky...

Just got this new tool from Tim Holtz, and had to try it out! You attach a marker to it, and it is like an airbrush. Amazing really!!

Close up of the detail...

Next, stamp the image in archival ink, let dry....

 

Use my distress markers and water brush to give it this nice watercolor look, and all those flowers? Botanical!

All put together, added some distressed ribbons, wood birds, and all done! Ready for my friend's birthday, and to get over to Simon Says.

Enjoy your Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I adore this piece and as always, I love how you've created something whimsically wonderful. Your pieces are always sophisticated, yet fun and unique. I really like the air-brushed sky you created and the way you colored the hot air balloon is perfect! I adore the ribbons trailing from it. It was a joy to see the process of this piece and I'm so glad that you shared your amazingness with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super tool….I believe Copic markers has something similar. It looks like fun. You did a great job on this…I love the airbrush effect on the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest