Friday, July 4

Camp Scrap Challenge Week 1: take a risk!

This has definitely turned into a "risky" week! First of all, I just retired from 30+ years of teaching science...I mean, it's been great so far, don't get me wrong! But it is a huge change, and you do question yourself if you did it at the right time, how will it work out... Then the weather here this week has been wild- lots of lightning, a tornado, flooding...you name it!

So, on the creative end, what was my big risk this week? I would say it was doing a painting from beginning to end on a large canvas...and here it is, my sunflower. You are given verbal directions and a demo of how to do it, but then it. Is up to your imagination.

Went with a great group...and you can see how everyone has a unique painting.

My friend Lynda- I like how natural hers looks...

Michelle and I sharing ours, leaning to the sun...

Nancy on the left-we were celebrating her birthday, and her daughter Kayla (thanks for organizing this!)

So, in about 2 hours, we painted our canvas. Challenge? Done!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it. Really amazing and bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! And, I just love the picture of you all :) HUGE congrats on your retirement!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest