Monday, July 27

Not Your Regular Paper!

Good morning Monday! Welcome to a new challenge from the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week it's all about paper, from specialty stamping paper to glitter, corrugated to extra heavy mixed media to tissue – special papers abound!  This week we challenge you to use something other than regular patterned paper or cardstock on your page – and inspire us with the world of papers available!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say we all LOVE paper! I know I do! How fun is this to dig deep and find some of those papers I seem to have stashed away for a special project - I really must use them more! So, let's make a birthday tag!


I started with a tag and tissue paper in a variety of hues.

Next I cut up the colors into little bits and glued them on to the tag. I also wanted some texture, so "squished" some longer strips and ran those down in a wavy shape. My original thought was to make this bright and colorful.

...but I changed my mind and whitewashed it with some watered down white acrylic paint - now that I can work with!

Next step some grungy stamping with my favorite black ink, Ranger's Archival...


Better, but still not what I was really looking for, so I found some forgotten lacy Mulberry paper...

Love the swirls in this, and rather than putting a piece over the tag, I cut out a few swirls to layer on it.

Next, time to stamp a birthday cupcake(Tim Holtz) and "happy birthday" (Simon Says Stamp) and color them in and pop them up on the tag. Add a bit of hand dyed ribbon, and now I have a birthday tag ready to use! 



I wonder what type of special paper you will choose to use on your project? Be sure to check out all of the great inspiration from the DT, and get started!


Time to get crafty and and join us in the fun!  A random winner is chosen every week to win a generous $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp!

Supplies



 

   
   


   
   



9 comments:

  1. What gorgeous color and textures! Love it!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to use those different colored tissue paper pieces! So much texture! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. So original! you are so inventive! This project is totally gorgeous, wonderful colors and textures! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the great colors and texture! Such a beautiful tag, Maura. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Maura! Way to rock the tissue paper! I can't believe what a difference the whitewash made on the colors! I like that effect and love how it still has plenty of energy and oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy tissue paper collage! The effect is very cool and then of course a little cupcake never hurt anyone! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag and such a fun use of tissue paper!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag and I love how you've used the tissue paper to create that yummy textured background, that's a fabulous idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used the tissue. Such a great idea! Beautiful color AND texture! You've inspired me, Maura!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest