Saturday, October 10

Steampunk Challenge: Top Hats and Moustaches

Time to dive back in to some steampunk! Great challenge over at Sandee and amelie's Steampunk Challenges this month which I am entering. Be sure to check it out HERE!



I started out with a cute paper doll stamp from Julie Nutting, then steampunked her up! Perfect project to pull out my G45 Steampunk Spells paper pack and get started.


Add lots of gears, skull, cut out a lovely lady's head in her top hat, keys, sign, and we are headed over into the steampunk world. 


All of my lovely ladies in their top hats, just shaved off their mustaches, because they are heading out to party!!


Once I got started dressing this lady, I just kept going and made three more. Each one has her own style.



And look, a whole slew of top hat styles! Do you have a favorite?




Bet you will never look at a paper doll stamp in quite the same way again. It was a lot of fun dressing these little ladies up for the Steampunk Halloween Ball!



8 comments:

  1. Oh Maura! This are splendid and spectacular! What a genius way to diversify the original! I am glad the girls were able to shave their mustaches off before their big event. Lol! Brilliant take on this theme and fantabulous design. Wowzers! My favorite is the first lady. Her hat and the crow won me over.

    You know we thank you bunches for joining in with us again at SASPC! Miss you! Hugz ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it, Maura!
    What you have done with that paper doll stamp is fantastic! She is such a lovely Steampunk character now! And their top hats look fantastic on them! Thank you for playing along with us again this month, Maura! Hope you are doing just fine and enjoying the Halloween season!

    Big hug!
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you've used the paper doll stamp! (My daughter has a couple of them - I think I'll be borrowing one to try my hand at this style)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Steampunk Spells papers and they work beautifully with the Julie Nutting doll. Hard choice to choose a favourite, but I think it has to be the first one, I love the top hat and the fabulous skull - very Halloween-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! The Steampunk costumes you designed for them are phenomenal. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your ladies look fabulous and i like them all. Great design, everyone of it a nice artwork.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. bravo !!! belle inspiration merci à bientôt nate

    ReplyDelete
  8. What! How very cool are these! A total riot. Love every detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest