Monday, November 2

So Glossy!

Glossy gel mediums with a stencil, glossy accents, embossing powder, shiny card stock and embellishments - there are a ton of shiny mediums and accents to work with! So find your gloss power and come join us this week in our "So Glossy" challenge!


It's getting chilly around here, which has me thinking of the coming season of holidays and snow!


I had some lovely backgrounds I made a few months ago, and just love the turquoise blue. I used watercolor crystals to create the background. I am having fun with my new Simon wafer dies: Lined Trees and Happy Winter. I must say, these dies are turning me into a fan, I just love them!

I started out by using black die cuts on the blue, but then thought, hey it's winter, so let's try white, and it looks great. As you can see, I've been busy cutting. I'm using my paint trays to sort out the different parts.




I added Diamond Glaze to the tree sections to add my glossy for the challenge. Layer it all up on card stock into a card, and voila!


I know the season will be changing quickly into winter, but I do plan to enjoy the rest of fall and am hoping for some warm days. Hope you are enjoying your fall wherever you are!

I look forward to seeing how you use glossy in your creation and hope you will join us this week in our challenge! 

As always, one lucky crafter will win a generous $50 voucher from Simon Says Stamp - how cool is that!

Supplies: (links to die cuts above)


   
   
   


Be sure to check out what the fabulous design team has done with glossy this week!




10 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the white on blue! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy background and the blue is such a pretty color for a holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maura, blue is my favorite colour and I just LOVE the glossy background and simple design, very arty and perfect! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how this came out! The color palette is dreamy and the gloss gives it such a festive frosty feel. Great use of those trees and I love the mix of the soft background with the angular trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue background, Maura! And those white Christmas trees on top are fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful holiday card, Maura. The background color is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love Blue Christmas! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card Maura and I love that background which looks so wonderful with the white trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card Maura! Gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest