Monday, May 23

Make a Wish!

Hello Monday! Hello friends!
 It's birthday month at my house, so this week's make a wish challenge is just perfect! 



You might make a wish before you blow out the birthday candles, or you might create something for a wish that you have. 

 Each week, Simon Says Stamps offers a $50 voucher drawn randomly from our participants, so get creating and join in the fun!

I watched this great technique video for the Distress Crayons on the Simon Says Stamp You Tube channel by Nina-Marie Trapani, and I just had to try it out. You can check it out HERE.

I started off with some watercolor paper, dampened it, and then used three of the distress crayons to add some color. Then I laid the honeycomb stencil on top and wiped off some of the color with a baby wipe.


I took the same stencil and laid it down again, and now rubbed some Peacock Feathers over it with another Distress Crayon, then took out the heat gun, and heated it up. Love the raised texture you get with this step.


Detail...


I decided to add this cute little pig to the card and stamped and used my markers to watercolor. I went with the traditional pink for the pig.


But... then I changed my mind when I laid it on the card, the pink just did not look right. I went in and redid the little piggy in oranges instead, and this fit much better. Time for some fussy cutting and I am ready to put the little card together.


I took out the tiny diamond stamps and stamped a few in the open area on the left - it just looked like it needed a bit more.
Final touch, a few star sequins, because while making this I also kept thinking of wishing upon a star.


I hope you have a great week, and join us in our make a wish challenge! I look forward to seeing your creation!

SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       


A great place to shop with friendly folks!


Simon is on Instagram!


Be sure to head on over to the challenge to see the creative energy of my teamies! I always look forward to seeing how they interpret the challenge!

12 comments:

  1. super cute card Maura, the background is fabulous and I love the little piglet, absolutely adorable :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Maura! Love your background and that cute little pig holding the Happy Birthday sign makes me smile. So fun! Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Maura! Love the background!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable card Maura...love the background and your piggy is so cute...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card!! The background is really cool and I love the little pig.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fun card! this stamps is absolutely cute! Your background is perfect! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and funny card! Lovely pig! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful card! Maura. The image and the background you created are so fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a charming little card and I loved to see how you adjusted your process when you felt like the traditional pink pig just didn't look right (nice to know that even geniuses change their mind once in a while)! I think the background is so clever and it's a perfect blend of elegant patterns with a funky whimsical piggie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely birthday card, Maura! Love the cute pig, and the fabulous background. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest