Tuesday, August 23

Celebrate Fall Jewel with 28 Lilac Lane!

I am so excited to share a very special limited edition mix from May Flaum's 28 Lilac Lane line with Buttons Galore: Fall Jewel!

Available exclusively from Buttons Galore this week here is a linkYou can enter code LL400 when checking out between now and 11:59p eastern time on Friday (26th) and you’ll get $1 off making it just $5.99. What could be cooler? Within USA spend $30 or more at the Buttons Galore online shop and shipping is free! They do have the entire 28 Lilac Lane line – as well as dozens (hundreds?!) of their own button mixes as well.

I have had a lot of fun creating these three projects with the Fall Jewel mix and I'd like to share my inspiration with you. Enjoy!

Isn't the mix gorgeous! I know I am going to have a hard time using that beautiful wood button, because I just want to keep it, like a treasure!


I went a little crazy with the embellishments on my card, likely because I was in a Crazy Dogs mood! It was a lot of fun to dress up this fella with some glitz using the sequins and beads and making his kibble with more beads. Perfect for a birthday, graduation or note of encouragement. 
(watercolors and ink, stamps - Tim Holtz)


Moving on to fall, I started my tag by watercoloring my blueprint leaves with Distress crayons.


And, here is the tag! This reminds me of fall camping or even Thanksgiving. After I made the tag base and colored the lantern and leaves, I figured out my placement and where I would tuck in the 28 Lilac Lane pieces. It was a lot of fun creating the cluster with buttons, sequins and beads, and the little metal leaf from the collection is the perfect touch!
 (stamps - Tim Holtz; Distress inks)


Closeup of the grouping...


For my third project, I made a Halloween card, and added sequins and beads. If you look carefully at the umbrella, you will see the little hanging beads. 
(stamps - Tim Holtz; background created with Color Bursts)


Closeup of the web...I was trying to recreate the dew drops on the webbing with the beads.


So, three different projects using the Limited Edition Fall Jewel set from 28 Lilac Lane, and as you can see, I still haven't used that wonderful wood button, but I will find the perfect project for it one of these days!  I hope you have enjoyed my inspiration for this lovely mix from May Flaum. 

Be sure to head over to her website to see a beautiful card and frame she created with the Fall Jewel mix!





1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest