Monday, January 2

Time to Start Afresh!



2017...and so the adventure begins - Be bold, be brave and let's venture into a new year together! 

Welcome friends to our latest Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp - "Start Afresh" - pull something fresh out of the package that you just got, or has been in your stash for awhile and create a project to share with us. We are showcasing Carabelle Studio this week.

 I also want to extend a very warm welcome to Autumn Clark from SewPaperPaint who is a fantastic mixed media artist joining us for the month of January!! Welcome Autumn!

I have been waiting to try out my Carabelle Studio stamps, so it is time to get them out and start playing! I am using the Mixed Media Strips and Strange Nature sets.




I started with a sheet of watercolor paper and tore strips of Simon's Vintage paper and glued them down.


Added a few paint colors and a Punchinella design to create the background using the Watering Can grey ink.


Stamped randomly all over with the Mixed Media Strips and Range Jet Black.


Time for some Dylusions sprays and drips and splatters of Antarctic and Gold. Tip: whenever I spray, I put a sheet of construction paper behind it to catch the extra. I also will paint on these and wipe off extra paint, so later on, I can turn them into collage papers.


I decided that I'd lost the vintage paper and wanted words to show through, so added more strips. Do you ever wonder when you are working if you should have stopped sooner? It happens to me.


I painted those strips with yellow and green, then stamped some of the plants onto my page. I also stamped more on the vintage paper to create more layering. I "painted" them with Dylusions sprays, by dipping a paintbrush into the bottle.


A surprise package arrived on Christmas Eve, and I thought it would be fun to add fibers to the flowers.




I do feel like a new year is a new adventure! I want to be bold and brave, so that is why I chose such bright colors this week. I have observed that the greyer it is outside, the brighter colors I reach for!






Happy New Year! I hope you have many adventures this year! Why not start afresh with us and join us in this week's challenge! You could win the generous $50 voucher from Simon Says Stamp! 


SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       

A great place to shop!




Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge

Let's head on over to the challenge and see how the rest of the DT is starting afresh. It's going to be amazing!!




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art journal page Maura, the background is fabulous and I love the flowers and sentiment 😍
    Happy New Year!! 🎆
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Maura! All the colors are beautiful together and what a great sentiment to start the new year. Words to live by!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Carabelle stamp sets are amazing. Love what you did with the flowers! Lovely explosion of colors. Wishing you a Happy Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Love the bit of tinsel to add a bit of pizzaz! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really gorgeous piece of work ~ fun, beautiful and packed full of colour and energy! Happy New Year my friend... <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully collaged page Maura...love all the bright and bold colours...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous page, Maura. the colors and texture is so beautiful! Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I love the pretty scene!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maura! How fun to see those fibers used so skillfully! That made me smile from ear to ear. You never fail to make things that cause me to sit back and say, "That is awesome! I would've never thought of that in fifty-million years!" Your work is always fresh and surprising, yet still so YOU. You go, girl! Can't wait to keep going on this journey with you in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning page Maura! Your creativity is incredible! your use of stamps and colors and ... fibers is genius! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is gorgeous..love the big pops of colour...interesting to explore too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest