Monday, March 6

Simon Says: Make Your Own Background!



Hello Monday! We have a brand new challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make Your Own Background! We are showcasing Dylusions products this week, and we would love to have you use them if you have them too! Otherwise, make your background with what you have on hand. 

March also means we have a brand new Guest Designer with us for the month! Let's give Linda at heARTfully inspired a very warm welcome!!



I made a little mini book from scratch using lots of Dylusions paints, sprays, some stamps and stencils. Love the bright colors Dyan Reaveley comes up with! It's bird themed, and then I looked up bird quotes to fill it with.  

To create my backgrounds, I used my gelli plate, and I made a mini movie/tutorial to show you how I did it. 


I stamped the birds' party hats on the tissue/deli wrap I had made.


Closeup details...the white pen really adds a pop, and the Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Ink gives a semi embossed look to the stamping!




And, here are the photos of the book!










I bound the book by punching two holes near the top and the bottom of the book, (I had to be sure to come down a ways in order to catch my smaller sheet.) Then, I laced some leather through and tied it around a stick...birds, trees...I thought it appropriate! 


I had a lot of fun working with these brilliant colors and fun images. If you haven't tried printing with a gelli plate, I would encourage you to give it a try. It's a great way to create your own papers for projects! 

I hope you will join our challenge this week - I look forward to seeing what you share! Have a great week and stay crafting! 

Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 voucher to one lucky participant! 


SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       

Simon is on Instagram! use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to the challenge and get totally inspired for the week with the awesome backgrounds our design team has created! 


A great place to shop!!








13 comments:

  1. what a wonderful little book-just perfect for keeping some favorite quotes! Love the Dylusion products. And thanks for the welcome -I am tickled pink to be a part of this month's themes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fantastic mini book, Maura. There are so many beautiful patterns and fabulous colors on each page. Such a great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is so cute! I love your little book Maura, the backgrounds and little birds are fabulous and I love that you used a stick to bind it together :-) the whole design is awesome! :-)

    http://macarena-creativa.blogspot.com.mt/2017/03/make-your-own-background.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Maura! I love the blues with the pops of purple peeking through and what a clever idea using a twig for the spine of your little book. It's adorable!!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolute treasure this project is! it was fun to see the direction you took with all those fabulous birdies. And I have to give you a literary thumbs-up for the great quotes I saw. How clever to go with an entire avian theme and you're the only person I know who could successfully put a Bronte quote next to a John Lennon quote and have it makes sense! Excellent work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's such depth to the colours on every single page, and the binding is simply wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING your gorgeous and vibrant background, Maura!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this little bird book Maura! All the pages are wonderful with great colours and details and I love the quotes that you used. The binding with the stick is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing mini book Maura...love the colours and all the details you added and using the twig for your book spine is genius...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing project...this is fabulous Maura and has so much detail! You've put such a lot of work into this and it's a real feast for the eyes! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooooove this book MAura! Your video is so interesting, fabulous idea to show us how you use Gelli Plate! Thanks for sharing! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great and energetic. Love the colors you mixed and the patterns applied on each page! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest