Monday, October 16

It's a Dog's Life



Hello Monday, my friends! Our challenge this week is It's a Dog's Life, how fun is that!

It got me thinking of our dog Jasper, who loved to run after the cats and chase them, and as far as I know only caught up with one once - that was when we found the claw in his eyebrow...ouch!
 It's not all fun and games and laying around, but also think about all the working dogs out there like the sheep dogs and police dogs. I can see a lot of ways to interpret our challenge, and I am interested in your take on it, so please share with us!

We all have friends who have a rough day, so I made my card with that in mind.
It's a Ruff Day for this trio of plaid pups who were chasing the calico cat. The cat leaped up onto the hot air balloon and escaped from the pups. Oh boy, are they frustrated now!


I used my new Tim Holtz Stamping Platform (I love this! The images stamp so well using it.) to stamp several plaid pups and a cat and the hot air balloon. I fussy cut the critters out.


Oranges and yellows for the hot air balloon...


Blues for the card...making it look like a sky.


By adding the antique linen, it began to look more like a sky with clouds.


Two pups went on the inside...



I stamped a few more details into the background with the star and circle, the ball of yarn dropping down to tease the pups, and the pennant.


Oh yes, these pups are having a Ruff Day!

Our very generous friends at Simon have a $50 voucher for one lucky participant, so be sure to share your creation!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram, use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on back to see how our amazing team has interpreted It's a Dog's Life!






13 comments:

  1. Aww what a lovely card Maura! the little pups and the kitty are adorable and I love the background and balloon, super cute :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute and funny! And the cat is poor, of course although the dogs don't seem to be agressive :-) I love you gave them patterned and colorful furr. The blue messy background is stunning. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card, Maura! I love those sweet little plaid pups and the kitty jumping over the balloon. So sweet!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely and cute card Maura. Obviously, the cat flies away ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tag, Maura! I love that you used some plaid paper to stamp them and really make them POP! : )


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I would NOT like a claw in my eyebrow!! But if that happened to me, your card would make me feel better. :) What a great look and I thought it was a genius idea to use plaid for your dogs! What a great way to bump up the visual oomph even more. Love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card! The plaid pups are beautiful and must be tired after chasing the pretty kitty cat 😁. Wishing you a great week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! The cat jumped up on a hot air balloon. How fun! I love how you stamped the dogs on those patterned paper. It makes them look so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are these pups???? Fab work, so colorful MAura! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these adorable dogs, Maura. Such a fun and cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card and those pups are just adorable, even if they are having a ruff day...it's lovely Maura! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card Maura,those adorable pups are guaranteed to cheer you up...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest