Friday, November 10

Artist Trading Cards Inspired by India


I've been working on some ATC's for a Christmas Ornament exchange with some art friends, and I knew I wanted to use some of my wood block prints I brought back from my trip to India. I also ordered some fabulous India inspired mixed media items from Gwen LaFluer that are just perfect for these, including the sari silk ribbon to hang them from the tree!


First, let me share a few photos from my adventure to India this fall, so you can see where I am getting some of my inspiration. I fell in love with the country and people and highly recommend that you go if the chance arises!

   

   

      

    


COLOR! GLORIOUS COLOR!!

I started out with deli paper, my gelli plate, blue, orange and gold paints, and started printing patterns with my block prints. I tried ink with the blocks, but found that my DecoArt premium acrylics work beautifully to get a nice print. 


I mixed gold in with the orange and blue to get a nice metallic sheen.


I started with a layer of gold on the hardboard ATC's on both sides.


Next, I cut out designs from the deli paper and adhered them with the DecouPage.


I rubbed gold paint around the edges mainly, on both the back and front.



Then, I had so much fun going through the gorgeous ribbons and baubles from India! I also cut out and added peacock feathers that my order from Gwen was wrapped up in.

Fronts...


Backs....


I am hoping all that glitter really picks up the lights on the Christmas tree. 
Thanks for stopping by!!
Maura





1 comment:

  1. You have captured the essence of India in a FANTASTIC way Maura... these are just STUNNING. Thank you for sharing such lovely photos too. The colors are AMAZING in their clothing. So happy that you had such an incredible opportunity. Xj.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest