Monday, December 18

Party Time!



Hello Monday, my friends! We have a two week challenge for you, so we can all enjoy the holiday season with our families and friends! 

Have a wonderful holiday season!!

This is Valerie-Jael's last week with us, and I am sure you have enjoyed her awesomely creative ideas, I know I have! We wish you the very best Valerie, and I am looking forward to what you share in the future. Thanks for joining us!

Our challenge theme is 
Party!

It's a super busy time of the year, so I really did not take process shots this time, so hope you enjoy what I made. 

I altered clothespins with a fun mix of red, white and blue, and snowmen. These could be a hostess gift, ornaments to clip on the tree or gift, clipped onto the napkins at the holiday dinner table, and I'm sure you can think of more!


I started by covering the clothespins with patterned paper. I used white clothespins, but you could easily paint them any color, or use natural wood. I glued the fluted star to a large button, and fancied up the wood shapes with distress oxide and glitter.


I fussy cut these cute snow people, topped them with Diamond Glaze, added sequins, beads and festive red and white thread.


I had to decorate the backs too, so added a fluted star on a button, and glued some matching bling onto them.


To turn it into a gift, it's easy to cut a piece of cardboard, cover it with patterned paper and stickers, and put it in a clear bag. I just went to my stash and found paper and stickers that would match my colors. 

You could easily turn these into magnets for the fridge by decorating one side and adding a magnetic strip. Lots of possibilities!


I hope you are inspired to join the party with us at Simon Says Stamp for our Monday challenge. You have until January 1st. to enter. 
Have a wonderful holiday and I'll see you in the new year!

Simon Says Stamp is offering a  $50 voucher to one lucky participant - our friends are so generous each week! 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A great place to shop for all your crafting needs...and more!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


It's party time over at the blog, so be sure to head on over and see what the DT has created!



11 comments:

  1. This is so cute and funny. It really can give back a lot of Xmas fun if it disappears somehow. Lovely colors and snowmen. A lot of details. Wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous clothes pins Maura :-) all of them are so cute and I think would be perfect for clipping a place name in there for the Christmas table! Love these! :-)

    Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a fabulous 2018!! :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea, love those clothes pins. Have a great week, a merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year 2018. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clothespins are so cute, Maura, and those snowmen are adorable. What a fun and festive idea! I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe, your altered clothespins are adorable-so cute! Thanks for all your DT inspirations, and have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable designs, Maura! I love the clippy's! Mmm... Cocoa & Marshmallows... my fave!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh-la-la! I do love these clever clips! I thought these were fantastic when I saw the front of them and then had to pick my jaw off the ground when I saw that you'd decorated the backs of them, too! I've never thought to decorate the back of a clip, so that is pretty much a genius idea. These are fun, festive and so perfect for so many different packages and parcels. Great work, yet again! It's always a treat to see your projects. I'm so grateful to be your DT sista and can't wait to see what good things 2018 brings us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and beautiful holiday project! Maura. Love those fabulous glittered embellishments. Wish you a very happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAura your projects are always original and fun! This is absolutely gorgesous! love the little snowmen! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love your festive snowmen pins, what an adorable idea...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh these are SO FUN and ORIGINAL!!! I have to agree with YAYA!!! love this project of yours Maura, you are so creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest