Thursday, February 15

Wanderlust 2018: Inspired by Michelle Turbide

 City of my Imagination


I was inspired to finally try out what I learned in Michelle Turbide's class in Wanderlust 2018. My plans fell through for the day, so what better time than now to pull out the paints and try this. I've used a palette knife before, but never really tried to do most of a painting with one, so that was a first.

I live with a landscape artist, so I know my page is very simple, and I would need a lot of practice to really do this, but it was fun. Not so pleased with the foreground, but I do love the top section with my imaginary city - see the detail photos below!



So, with the power of computers, I wanted to see what my painting would look like if I had filled 2/3's of it with my "city." Now this I like! I need to remember this for the future when I am using the rule of thirds, because I often find myself making the top the smallest section. 


I used mostly DecoArt Americana Premium Acrylics and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics, along with black and white pens and copper ink.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting! I love the lines and texture you created using the palette knife - perfect ๐Ÿ˜. Happy Friday and wishing you a lovely weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest