Monday, June 18

Transport It



Hello friends, happy Monday, and happy Summer to all who live in the northern hemisphere! We have a new challenge for you at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - TRANSPORT IT. 

I veered off in a very different direction on this project from my original idea, but I really like where I ended up. 
Do you think cats miss the old days of milk delivery right to your home? There was always the possibility a bottle might spill, the milkman would be feeling super generous that day, or someone might forget it, and there it sits just waiting for you... I'm kind of thinking this might be the paradise a cat dreams of. 


I started out by stamping the gentlemen on the bike, then blended my ink colors on, spritzed it and let it dry.


Next, I took my stencils and covered each area so I could do it separately, used the Distress Spray with the stencil, let it dry, then blended the frayed burlap over the tag. 


I went around the "milkmen" image with a white pen, and before it dried, blended it out with a water brush. 


I used Prima watercolors to paint the cats and fussy cut them out and popped them up. I attached a charm, and tied it off with three pieces of twine (kind of like the cat whiskers).


I also painted the milk bottles and glued them on to make this look like the "milk delivery bicycle".


Oh, I think this cat clearly has its eyes on that milk!


My muse took me on a little trip to the past where milkmen transport and deliver milk right to your door. Maybe you are lucky enough to live somewhere they still do this!


I hope you are inspired to join us this week in our fun Transport It challenge! One participant will win a $50 voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        

A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use hashtag #sssmchallenge


The amazingly talented design team has lots more inspiration for you this week, so be sure to head on over to check that out!







SaveSave

11 comments:

  1. This is ridiculously FUN--I'm am smiling at the playfulness! My great aunt used to cook liver for her cat everyday because, back then, you couldn't buy cat food from the grocery store. I suspect milkmen (and barn cows) were essential to a cat's well-being. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag Maura :-) the little kitties hoping for some milk are adorable and I love the background colours and stencilling, the whole design is super cute :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and fabulous creation, Maura. The colors and the image on the tag are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny thing :-) I love the idea of milkmen and that they are three at the time! Love the colors around them and the cats waitig for delivery. I still remember those days we got milk on the porch in the early mornings. What a great times! Hugs, Marzena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe! Look at those poor hungry kitties! I hope they get some milk! This is super fun, Maura! Like the idea!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun idea for the challenge Maura! I love the combination of stamps that you used and the cats waiting for the milk to be delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has bought a huge smile to my face, Maura and is such a fun project...I love how you've combined the stamps and love that those kitties are waiting for their milk to be delivered! Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just adorable, love your take on the theme and those kitties waiting for the milk delivery are so cute, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely fun! You made me smile with this tag! Love the soft colors and your design is fabulous, milk bottles are a perfect addition ! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun tag Maura!!! love it so much!!!! :D the cats and the milk, LOL!!! You rock girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute and fun tag, Maura! The cats are so sweet and love the background. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest