Wednesday, July 4

Sisters Trip: Watercolor Books


I'll be off in a couple of weeks to sunny (and hot) Florida to visit with two sisters. I'm going to teach them a little watercoloring, so I made them each a book filled with watercolor paper to use. I also included a piece of heavy cardboard and a couple of clips - these come in handy when working on a piece. Also, the papers can easily be taken out and put back in.

I used my gel plate to pull two prints with a mix of Americana blues and sea glass.


Next, I stenciled with the large Union stencil from Stencil Girl, and a mix of orange and pink and neon. 


I used a homemade flamingo stencil (from a Simon Says Stamp die cut) and the gel plate to print these.


I went back in with the stencil and a sponge and dabbed on a bit more pink, then blended these colors and did some stenciling around the edges.


I doodled around the edges and stencils, and put the books together.


Which one do you like best? I think I am going to let them choose which one they want ;).


I'll have to share what we fill these with ! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Maura





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest