Sunday, September 2

It's a STAMPtember Blog Celebration with Simon Says Stamp!



Happy STAMPtember, friends!! If you are a stamper, this is the month for you at Simon Says Stamp

It's party time, and we are having a huge blog party on the Simon Says Stamp blog, so be sure to check out all of the wonderful posts HERE
You can see all of the awesome new STAMPtember release HERE!

At the end of my post, I am sharing a special offer for you from Simon Says Stamp! ...and there are tons of gifts and offers at the blog party, so be sure to check them all out!

I have TWO projects for you using the Simon Says Stamp SPIDER WEB BACKGROUND



Boo! Happy Halloween! 


I embossed the spider web using Simon's Clear embossing ink and sparkly WOW Cloud 9 powder. Whenever I have a large stamp like this, I use my Stamping Platform, so that I can do it multiple times and get it right. Sometimes I still don't get the entire image as happened here, and you can see how I deal with that. 


After I embossed and doodled, I punched holes around the web and stitched in some orange floss. 


I decided to draw in some cloud shapes where my embossing is missing, and write in some Halloween words. 


Since the card is black, I lined the inside with white for writing or stamping a sentiment. 


Live a Colorful Life


I was inspired to try to create something with the stamp that looked nothing like a spider web, and headed to my art journal. (one of many)

I embossed the spider web with detail black, and as you can see, my image leaves a lot to be desired...so the challenge is on to make it look better. I started to color the web in with my Mermaid Markers.


It's starting to look pretty interesting now, and of course, I started to get some new ideas on how to use this. But I decided to go with my original plan, just to see how it looked.


I cut the design into 1/2 inch strips and offset them onto the black journal paper. I turned some upside down, and auditioned the strips in a number of positions until I was happy with my design. Once it was set in place, I wrote around the outside edge with a white gel pen. 


Somehow, my less than perfect embossing (as you can see here) took on an entirely new look. 
I like it! 


I hope you have enjoyed my two very different projects using the Spider Web Background stamp! As you can see from my imperfect embossing, you can still create something pretty cool, so next time try it out yourself. 

If you are interested, I will be sharing one more card I made with this stamp tomorrow over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

A Special Gift just for you!!!


Remember, there are a ton of gifts and offers at the STAMPtember blog party, so check them all out. Have fun!!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think and to answer any questions you might have. Enjoy the rest of this amazing blog celebration!!
Maura

SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                   
                                        


21 comments:

  1. Cool ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different uses of the spider web stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how creative you were with this spider web stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many many uses for the spider web stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards, but especially the second one! I love seeing a stamp used in a way that makes it useful outside of its intended season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your cards! Such a creative way to incorporate the spider web... ways to use it outside of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spider-ific! Like the colors.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your colored web card. Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative designs. Love the colorful "web".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ways to use the spider web stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are fantastic! So original. Love all of the depth and textures. Thank you for sharing your talents!🌻🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever use of the web background stamp. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One stamp and yet two totally different cards and themes!!! Great inspiration! Love this month at SSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you showed the versatility of this stamp. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That journal page was great. lLove the look of it, it doesn't even look like a spider web. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest