Thursday, October 18

Creating Your Life Story


I found a bit of time to play in my "studio" today and decided to try out my new texture fade plate Tim Holtz/Sizzix). Love how the gears interconnect in the design and chose to go for a darker, steampunk/industrial vibe.

I started with a layer of Burnt Umber, then spritzed it with water, laid the paper towel on top and lifted some of the paint.


Same method with Transparent Yellow Ochre...


then my fave, Quinacridone Gold, which I wiped back with a baby wipe.


Repeat with Payne's Grey...


then Green Gold, another fave.


Can you see all the layers that are built up here?


I wanted to make the spokes stand out more, so rubbed on some black shimmer.


A bit of splattering with Carbon Black...


then the details with the metal band, twine, and paper doll group (Tim Holtz) that I colorized with a couple of distress crayons. 


Supplies used


Your greatest creation is always going to be your life story


Here we are, living life with it's joys, sorrows and imperfections as the cogs and gears of our daily life keep turning. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Maura




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest