Monday, October 15

Starry Night



Hello Monday, my friends! Once again, we have a new challenge for you at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - STARRY NIGHT.  I was inspired by all the beautiful stars that are visible in the clear night sky, as well as Vincent Van Gogh. 


I headed to my art journal and added greens for my forested area...


Then I used the abstract triangle stencil to create tree like shapes.


Blues for the night sky...


and this beautiful swirly stencil which reminds me of Van Gogh's night sky.


Earth and sky...


I embossed the mini stars, added silver highlights, and hand lettered the words.


In the forest, I stamped the trees, then added detail with watercolor, and added the dancing ballerina and words. Wouldn't you like to dance in the treetops?


Starry, starry night...


Come join us for our Starry Night challenge! I'm looking forward to your creation, and remember, one lucky participant will be randomly drawn to win a $50 voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A Great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has created some wonderful starry night inspiration for you, so be sure to head on over and check it out. Thanks for stopping by!




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art journal page Maura and I know just the Van Gogh painting you were inspired by! This is awesome! Vincent would be proud ;-)

    Hope you have a great day!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous journal entry, Maura! I love the contrast and look of texture from the variety of stencils with the stars so perfectly placed!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love how you mixed the patterns on the blue and green parts of background. This technique is so cool, I always forget to try it, ugh. Love the cute stars and the modern flowers on the bottom. Hugs, Macarena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Maura!! I love how you were inspired by Van Gogh's starry sky paintings - I looked at some of them when thinking of inspiration for my project too. That sky you created is so clever. I love the happy feeling of this page. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fanatic journal page, Maura. Love the beautiful sky and those pretty stars. The sentiment is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what an amazing background, perfect for your adorable paper doll, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely page, Maura! It does remind me of starry nights too, so much fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool page! love how you use the stencils and the doll is one of m favorite! Fabulous work! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maura, I love how funky and funny this page is! It brings me joy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest