Monday, February 25

Simon Says: Vintage/Past Times



Hello Monday, my friends! Our challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: VINTAGE/PAST TIMES. 

It's been wonderful having Lucyna with us for the month. She is so talented!! I know I will be looking forward to her creations.

I chose the wonderful vintage papers from Graphic 45 for my scrapbook page, and I realized as I worked on this today, I haven't scrapbooked in a long time! It also gave me a chance to try out my tiny HP Sprocket printer that I won at a crop. You can print right off your phone.  (I was super lucky that day!!)

I was inspired to make my page by my recent "Sisters Visit" to St. Augustine, Florida, where I enjoyed sunshine, the ocean and temperatures in the high 70's and low 80'sF. I am back home to the cold and snow, but it was such a great time.  I have a tradition with two of my sisters to meet somewhere each year in honor of our Mom. I'll share a few pics from my trip first:


Sunset over the Matanzas River our first night.


 This trip we called ourselves the "Flamingo Sistas"


Freedom Park chimes


Washington Oaks State Park - Look - green and flowers!!


One of the ocean's many moods


Old Town area of St. Augustine


All dressed up for Sunday brunch in our new butterfly tops (of course, we had to do some shopping!)

Now that I've set the mood, let's get on to the project!

St. Augustine Beach Escape


I started with the great vintage papers from Graphic 45. I love their old style designs and wonderful images. Then, I had an idea to make my new photos look old. I rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress Stain over them with a baby wipe. You can see the difference here. 


Adding in a mix of words...


I found a bit of a palm frond and brought it back with me. It's almost like string or wire, so I wrapped it around the photos.


I distressed the blue paper layer and added some Ranger Ink Fire Mixed Media Powder for a bit of pizazz.


A few dots of blue glittery Nuvo on her flower head band...


Photo of a shell I got on my trip, which I printed and used. Love the amazing textures!


I discovered afterwards, that I should have done the embossing before I put the photo on. Apparently the heat changed the color. But, I also thought, sometimes you see old photos like this too. 


I had a wonderful escape to the beach with my sisters, and my page will bring me some wonderful memories each time I look at it. 


Are you ready to make something in the Vintage or Past Times theme? I hope you will join us this week! One lucky participant will be drawn at random for a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!


SUPPLIES:   

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the wonderfully creative makes from my team mates this week!




9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Maura, what a fabulous scrapbbok page, filled with happy sisters memories!! The whole design of this is gorgeous and I really enjoyed seeing all of the pics :-)

    Hope you have a great week
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project Maura! I love all the elements you combined so cleverly! And what a great way to preserve precious memories!
    Lucyna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What an amazing tradition you have, this is so cute and I am sure your Mama is there with you each year wearing the same flamingo shirts. Love the pictures of the landscapes and three of you. Flamingo Sistas rock! Your layout is fabulous, rich in details and in a very optimistic mood. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to be able to see the story and pictures behind your project! I'm not surprised that you have a great eye for photography and I did enjoy being a part of the trip (if only visually). And your project was so unique! I always look forward to seeing what you create each week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful page! I looks like you had so much fun with your family and I'm loving your photos and those flamingo tees 😁. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had such a wonderful trip with your sisters Maura, and that is such a great tradition. Beautiful journal page!! The papers were perfect for those photos, and how interesting that the photo changed color. I hope you had a good weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a vintage beauty for sure Maura and wonderful memories to treasure of fun times with your sisters, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maura what a fabulous time you had with your sisters! This scrapbook page is a wonderful way to remember your journey! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun tradition you and your sister have, Maura! And the layout is amazing! Filled with fun for sure! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest