Monday, April 8

Down on the Farm



Hello and welcome friends to another challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Our theme this week is - DOWN ON THE FARM.  I immediately reached for my Tim Holtz Funny Farm stamp set and started to play. Oh, there's a lot going on down at the....

Animal Farm



I stamped lots of images on the fun Reverse Confetti papers and watercolor paper.


I did a very bright blended wash over the watercolor paper, and once everything was dry, I did a lot of fussy cutting. 


I also created a barn with the watercolor paper, and used the Square Dance stencil to add more interest. 


When I am working on projects and have extra paint leftover, I like to swipe it into one of my journals. I don't waste it this way, and I have a start for some pages - it's a win-win.


I took an opaque green (Sargasso is very similar) and randomly sponged through the Aall and Create stencil #12.


Then, I went in with a brighter green and the medium dots stencil by Simon. After the paint dried, I also stamped into the background .


And then, it was just a matter of building the farm and figuring out where I wanted the animals to be. I decided to add in some trees with the Paper Artsy stamps and a few little birds too. I thought it would be fun to add some polka dot clouds and trees and do some embellishing with the Nuvo drops. 

There are definitely some stories here - like how did the goose end up in the tree? Did she want to talk to the hen and bluebird? What is that other goose squawking about to the cow?


There sure is a lot of funny business going on at the Animal Farm!


Details....





I hope you've enjoyed your visit down on the farm!


I hope you are inspired to join us this week with our fun farm theme! I'm looking forward to seeing how you interpret our challenge. Once lucky participant will win a $50 voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp! 


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A Great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


We've all gone down to the farm this week, so be sure to head on over and see what the design team has been creating!





9 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages! Your farm animals look adorable and I love how you created them using the different papers 😁. This is such a fun make! Creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so playful--I love it! The rich colors and strong contrasts are really appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. This reminds me of my little red barn that when you opened the door it Saud 'moo" with the weeble animals and farmer!!! Love love love! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww how cute is this!! the whole farm is FABULOUS!! love how you paper pieced the animals, totally adorable :-)

    hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo! You could probably predict that I'd love those wacky-crazy-bright-happy animals! I love how you made them non-traditional and so hip and fun! And that barn is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the textures and the multi-colored images in your farm scene, Maura!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun farm you created Maura! Your idea to stamp images on patterned papers is brilliant! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hihi this is such a funny scene with the animals going out from the barn. I love the sheep's hair :-) and the red elements which made the farm much happier. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  9. This art journal spread is amazing!!! Love your unique stile!!
    p.s. sorry for the late comment but have been w/o internet
    Have a great day! xo Zoey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest