Monday, August 26

"S" is for Serenity




Hello Monday and welcome friends! We have a new challenge for you this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "S" STANDS FOR... so start thinking about all those words that start with S and get creating and join us!

It's hard to believe that this is the last post for August! Where did the summer go? It's been a true pleasure having Alison, of Words and Pictures, with us this month and sharing her wonderfully creative projects! We will miss you Alison, and I know I will be on the lookout for your new creations, I always enjoy seeing what you are working on. 

This week I was inspired by my yoga and meditation practice to choose my "S" word. 

S is for...Serenity


I'm using a sheet of Yupo that I had previously colored with the beautiful Alcohol Pearl Inks on the right, and the page on the left is a mix of watercolors, and then Distress Ink with the stencil. 

A bit of watercolor...


Then, I took the stencil and laid it on the figure and brushed on some gold. 


Since I used watercolor, the design is not precise. 


Watercolor mix of greens, pinks and gold...


Namaste...today I choose calm...


"S" is for Serenity...


Whatever your "S" is, I hope you join us in this week's fun challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly drawn for a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp!!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to the challenge to see how the design team interpreted this week's challenge!




4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful choice of S word - so very much needed at the moment. I love your mandala stencilling and gorgeous uplifting colours. I really like the soft gold effect on the meditating woman - it gives her a dreamlike quality. What a fabulous page spread.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, thank you for your lovely comment! Using the stencil on the woman was an AHA moment. and yes, Serenity is so often needed in our world. hugs, Maura

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous art journalling Maura :-) Iove how you chose serenity, what a fabulous idea!! the colours and whole design of this is awesome! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lols! It was fun to tie the art to my yoga! Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest