Monday, May 18

We're All a-BUZZ



Hello Monday my friends! I hope this finds you well. This week we are all about the buzz with our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - WE'RE ALL A BUZZ. I decided to focus on bees, since we need them for pollination, and they've been facing a lot of challenges lately.

 I also wanted to go with a bee theme for my son, Dan, who has been working on expanding our gardens in a huge way! He has been hand digging more beds, raising seedlings, planning and planting now that it is finally warming up around here. He is really focused on raising our own food as much as possible, and hopefully we will have plenty to share with friends and neighbors. Dan is also adding more perennial flowering plants to attract pollinators like bees.  And, around here, we all survive a bit on the buzz of caffeine! What a wonderful son, I am blessed!!



You're the Bees Knees


I started with some very wet puddles of watercolor on the paper and pressed bubble wrap into it to get a bit of pattern. 


I then layered more watercolor over certain areas and added some splashes of yellow. 


A stamp platform is great to line up images, like these honeycombs. 


...and the card base is ready


 I didn't want a cute bee, but rather a more realistic one, and found one in an older Aall and Create stamp.  I fussy cut it and popped it up. Birthday wishes are stamped inside.


This card has a fun mix of layered watercolor and pattern. 


I hope you've enjoyed my take on the Buzz with my bee birthday card! Please join us this week and share what you have created. Our super generous friends at Simon Says Stamp have brought back the shopping voucher! One person will be drawn at random for a $25 voucher.


SUPPLIES:   

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A GREAT place to shop!!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge, also #ssssunitedwecraft and #SSSendACard


The design team is all a-buzz and excited to share with you this week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest