Monday, June 22

Shoot for the Stars!




Hello Monday and welcome friends to a new challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - SHOOT FOR THE STARS. I don't know about you, but I was pretty much glued to the coverage of the SpaceX Dragon going into space and hooking up with the International Space Station recently. So, yes, let's shoot for the stars, who knows what we might find out there!

Also, this seemed like the perfect theme to use to make a graduation card. We are always encouraging our young grads to follow their dreams and shoot for the stars,


I started with a sheet of watercolor paper and brushed in a circle of water. Then I brushed in a mix of blue, purple and grey into the puddle and let it dry. 


I marked in some stars and dots in my "universe".


Meanwhile, I die cut words and images and started layering the card. I like the mix of patterned paper with my own watercolor. 


I continued the cosmic theme inside the card, and used some older Stamperia stamps for the little moon and stars. 


Cosmic details...love that adorable rocket ship and the shiny planets. I stamped a few images here too and colored them with pencils.


And that is my take on Shoot for the Stars - a cosmic themed graduation card.


Come join us in this week's challenge and shoot for the stars yourself! One lucky participant will be selected at random for a $25 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp.





A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over and check out how the design team interpreted this week's challenge. 





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maura :-) the whole galaxy is just fabulous! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing graduation card! The design is perfect and I love how it all came together - beautiful 😁. I hope you've had a lovely week! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo! I had a lot of fun making this one. The weekend was beautiful, and we finally got some rain. Have a lovely week! hugs, Maura

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest