Monday, August 3

Happy Birthday to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome to our challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where we are celebrating our 10th birthday!! We would love to have you join the party and create something special. This week we are also showcasing the awesome products from Stampers Anonymous! So if you have any, pull them out, we would love to see them.

We welcome back Anne Redfern, aka Redanne as our guest designer for the month of August! Anne is a super-talented crafter and works in a delightful, eclectic style. It's so good to have you here, Anne!!

Happy 10th Birthday to our Monday challenge!


I started with a sheet of Yupo that I had made awhile back and set aside. I used the Pearl Alcohol inks for some added shimmer.  I stamped the butterfly onto this, let it dry completely, then fussy cut it out. 


I took the number stamp from Stampers Anonymous's Perspective set, stuck it onto the stamping platform, and rubbed pastels over the design. I spritzed with water, and stamped two images onto watercolor paper. 


I decided to add some color to the ruler ribbon with the Distress Oxide Sprays.


I made a bright background on the card with the sprays and Bubble stencil. 


I added a key for the butterfly body. I also sprinkled in some Broken China Distress Glaze into the lens and glued that down.  I used the lens to highlight the number 10.


Bright and cheerful, just like the butterflies and hummingbirds that are visiting my flowers right now!


Now, it's time for you to get out your Stampers Anonymous products or birthday items and join us this week. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $50! shopping voucher, and our designers highlight their favorite makes. 








A GREAT place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the wonderful birthday celebration makes by the design team, and have a wonderful, creative week!


We are currently hosting a month long Kids Summer Vacation Challenge over on the Wednesday Challenge Blog. Please CLICK HERE for more details.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful colors and I love the stamped background - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is such a cheerful piece and really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! I love the colours and they way they blended and the butterfly is so gorgeous 😁. They way you used the spy glass to highlight the ten is perfect too! Happy 10th birthday to SSSMC and wishing you a wonderful week! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the lovely welcome Maura, I always love working alongside you and the team at SSS!

    The butterfly is such a showstopper in those gorgeous colours! I love the pastel background you created for the butterfly and the base is truly beautiful. You always impress with your use of colour and the spectacle glass is such a perfect finishing touch. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest