Monday, September 14

Simon Says: Frame It!




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge - FRAME IT at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I am inspired by the changing of the seasons and the hints of fall colors that I am seeing, a bit of red here, orange there...

THINKING OF YOU


I am starting with the rich shades of Crackling Campfire, the new color by Tim Holtz. I smooshed my watercolor paper right into the ink on my mat (lightly spritzed with water) after I die cut the leafy frame. 


Next, I smooshed some Fossilized Amber onto the frame.


I am using a sheet of Simon's yellow cardstock, but felt it was too bright, so I smooshed that also...hmm, lots of smooshing going on here.


I stamped the beautiful Old Letter (STAMPtember) stamp onto the yellow paper. 


Then, I decided I wanted to make this a shaker card. Could I find my acetate in my stash? No...I know it is around here somewhere. Instead, I took a plastic packaging bag and cut a piece out to use for the window. It had been folded a long time and had a crease, so I discovered if I heated it with the heat tool very carefully, that crease disappeared. I stamped Thinking of You from the STAMPtember Sympathy Greetings Mix. 


I filled my window frame with a mix of sequins, and added fall leaves and a twig to finish it off.


Here, you can see all the additions, and you might even catch a glimpse of our sunflowers in the background.


Details...



Thinking of You...a card filled with the beauty of fall!


I hope I've inspired you to join us and create your own Frame It project. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one lucky participant. 






A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge, #STAMPtember


Be sure to head on over and check out the design team's awesome creations!


 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Maura!! I love all the orange together with the yellow and what a great idea to turn it into a shaker card. Great use of the Old Letter stamp! And I love your sunflowers in the background and that pretty mosaic table! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Maura :-) the colours and whole design of this is fabulous! I need to get me the old letter stamp, LOVE it! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous autumnal card! The splashes of colours on the front panel looks so beautiful with die cut leaves and script background - amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest