Monday, May 10

As the Crow Flies




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - THINGS WITH WINGS. I've been watching the crows flying across the fields and listening to their calls, they really are fascinating birds. So, I decided to create in a steampunk style with my Dashing Crow tag. Hope you enjoy it!

AS THE DASHING CROW FLIES


I started with some inks and sprays on my stamped image and clear die cut. Later I changed the die cut colors because it did not stand out enough on the dark tag.  The paper bag that holds all of the Simon Card Kit goodies works great if you don't have a spray box.


I used a textured stamp from Katzelkraft and the beautiful Brazen Belle embossing powder on the black tag. (Note, I did use a #8 tag that I had in my stash)


I smudged on the gorgeous new Salvaged Patina paint with my finger. 


Crows have an iridescent quality to their feathers, which I tried to create with the mix of blue, purple and green distress crayons. I also used the new Salvaged Patina Distress Glaze on my bird. 


I changed the background color to Fossilized Amber, and heat it a bit until the edges curled and gave it dimension. I added the oh, so cute, steampunk crow onto this and toned it down with a bit of ground espresso.


Of course I had to add some gears and sprockets, and the factory mini flair seemed perfect...this dashing crow could be the overseer at the factory after all. 



I think this will become a birthday tag for one of my sons this month, or I may turn it into a card for him. 


Are you inspired to join our Things With Wings challenge this week? I hope to see you there! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one of you. 




A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge

Be sure to check out the beautiful winged projects from the design team!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest