Monday, September 20

Stitch It!


 


Hello Monday my friends! Welcome to this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - STITCH IT. Do some real stitching with a machine or by hand, or do some "faux" stitching like I did in my art journal using stamps.

I just spent some time at a lake house with my sisters, and one of the things we enjoyed the most, was drinking coffee on the deck overlooking the lake, and catching up with each other. It was peaceful and lovely watching the waves roll in, and then catching the sun setting over the lake at the end of the day. Of course, we also had to go to the local diner that had 10 cent coffee!! I was thinking of this while I worked in my art journal. 




I enjoyed this much needed getaway and time with sisters, and lots of coffee! These are the things that keep us "stitched together" - the experiences we share. 

STITCHED TOGETHER OVER A CUP OF COFFEE


I started out by smooshing ink onto the art journal page, and then I stamped the coffee saying directly on that. Later, I changed my mind.  The coffee saying is in the new Stamptember release!


I stamped stitched lines onto the page, and two coffee cups. I smudged in a bit of brown into the one cup to look like coffee. 


I decided I wanted the words to show up more than they did, so re stamped the words onto a tag, and tore out the section to use. I added a bit of ink to make it look more vintage. I thought it would be fun to add a few stars too.


I added a couple of friends...

I touched up the coffee cup with gold, and added glossy accents to the "coffee".


Coffee and friends are the best!!


Now it's your turn to add some stitching to your make and share it with us! Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher to one participant, and we love to spotlight our favorites. 




A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The design team has been busy stitching up projects for you to peruse, so be sure to check them out!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Maura and a perfect theme! I am glad to hear you had such a great time with your sisters. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna-Karin! It was so good to spend time with my sisters and catch up on the past year. Have a lovely week too! Maura

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful page! Loving your design with the stitched stamping, such a great way to remember spending time with your sister at the Lake House too - perfect 😁. So pleased you had fun together, that's a lovely photo of you all! Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest