Monday, January 17

Insects and Birds




Hello Monday my friends! Welcome back to our newest challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - INSECTS AND BIRDS. Yes, let's get into a nature theme this week, even if it is frigid and snowy outside...we can dream of warmer weather.

SPECIMEN 31
A trio of boys out on a nature adventure looking for unusual insects...looks like they've found some!


I began by scraping several colors of paint across the pages of the media journal. The heavy watercolor papers allow for a lot of texture. I ran a band of gold across the pages and scraped it vertically with the silicone brush. 


Next, I added a layer of teal ink, misted it and let it run up and down the pages.


Once everything was dry, I stamped a bit of lettering into the background.


Next layer up is a bit of stenciling in 3 random areas with the stencil and Umber paint.


I went through my Group paper dolls, and when I saw these 3 boys, I knew they were the ones for the page. They look like they enjoy the outdoors and nature, so who better to go on an insect hunt, right? Plus, it reminds me of the adventures my sons would go on, looking for everything from rocks to salamanders. Looks like these two have caught a giant ladybug!


I added a bit of detail to the funky insects with a white pen. 


Looks like they are holding down another giant bug!


I stamped specimen 31 onto this page with these funky insects.


Well, I had a lot of fun with these Funky Insects in my art journal. Now, it's your turn! Come join the fun with us this week. Our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $25 shopping voucher!



A great place to shop!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


The birds and insects are flying around, so be sure to see how the design team has captured them this week!


 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pages! Loving the texture from the heavy watercolour paper and the paper doll images with the insects are perfect 😁. Take care and Happy January! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest