Monday, August 8

Spritz and Splatter



 

 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Happy Birthday Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: SPRITZ AND SPLATTER

It's time to get out your sprays and splatter brushes and join us in a messy art week. Better pull out an apron too! I headed back to my art journal and decided on an out of this world theme. 

 

 I began by brushing color across my pages and let this dry.

Then, I brushed the new Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide over the pages and blended it in.


Time for some sprays! I pulled out several Distress Mica sprays and a stencil. I use the paper bags I get with the Simon Says Stamp Card Kits to create a spraying backdrop so I don't get it all over my workspace. 

Details... 



Then, I added die cut images from Art by Marlene to create my out of this world scene .  


I like how hints of the original colors come through the background. I stamped the words on ledger paper, and once everything was in place, the final splatter was with gold gouache and a splatter brush. Even with my precautions using the paper bag, I did find it on my phone screen and in other odd places, lol. I went around the edges of the page and quote with a black scribble stick too. 
 I just love the space dog image!


I love this saying from Darkroom Door. It's a much nicer way to describe my perpetual mess! I always seem to have multiple projects going, and a constant mess, so I'll take this idea!  



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Dina  Wakley Media Journal

Art by Marlene Out of This World Paper Elements

Darkroom Door Creative People stamp

Stencil Girl Orbitz stencil

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Uncharted Mariner

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Uncharted Mariner reinker

Tim Holtz Distress Mica Sprays - Winterberry, Snowflurries, Holly Branch

Tim Holtz Splatter Brush

Simon Says Stamp Black dye ink

Winsor Newton Gold Gouache 

Dina Wakley Media Typed Ledgers

Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks 

Dina Wakley Paints - LemonPeacock, Magenta, Eggplant

Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky  Glue

 

So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .

1 comment:

  1. Out of this word art journalling Maura!! the background galaxy is fabulous and I love the fun images and sentiment! this really made me smile :-D

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest