Monday, June 5

Not A Card

 

 


 Hello Monday my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Sun, Moon and Stars  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Please join me in welcoming Kerry B, our guest designer for  the month of June! So glad to have you here with us Kerry! 

This week the challenge is: NOT A CARD

We are spotlighting Tim Holtz, aka "the Professor" this week! We would love to see your creations with his fantastic array of products if you have them. 

I made a duo of ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) this week with Tim Holtz's Inspector and Bubbles stamps. .


I started with watercolor paper and the Bubbles stamp.  My background on the left was made by stamping in Ground Espresso, then blending in some Mermaid Lagoon and Rusty Hinge. I spritzed it and lifted the water drops for more texture. On the right, I inked up the stamp with the 3 inks, spritzed the stamp, then put it to paper. Two methods, one stamp...


I also stamped the images on watercolor paper, then fussy cut them. 


I popped the images onto the cards and added Gossy Accents.


I added some black microbes around a bit of the images with Glossy Accents too.


I've been taking the train a lot lately, and I have to say the Inspector reminds me of the train conductors. I'd like to take a moment and say thank you to all the train conductors who have been so kind and helpful on my trips.


Gauges are always good...I added a strip of the other background for a bit more interest. 


My vintage style ATC's...hope you have enjoyed them and are ready to do some creating now. Tim has SO many wonderful products out there for us crafters, I bet you have some in your stash! Looking forward to your Not A Card makes!


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous The Inspector stamp set

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Bubbles stamp

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink - Mermaid Lagoon, Rusty Hinge

Tim Holtz Ground Espresso Distress Ink

Simon Says Stamp Black dye ink

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brushes

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Ranger Glossy Accents

Canson Watercolor paper

Foam Tape

Black micro beads

Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer

Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest