Saturday, June 24

Simon Says Stamp New Release: Out of This World

 




Hello Creative friends,  and welcome to the hop! ! We have a new release at Simon Says Stamp - OUT OF THIS WORLD
We have a special gift for you - Tim Holtz Distress Crayons!- just use the code GALAXY at checkout with your order,  and be sure to order before 6/25 (11:59EDT)

 Also, be sure to visit each blog and leave a comment - Simon Says Stamp is generously offering a $25 gift certificate at each stop on the hop! A name will be randomly drawn at each one for a gift certificate - how awesome is that!! Winners will be announced on Simon's blog on Wednesday tJune 28.
And, don't forget to check out Friday's hop too for more awesome inspiration! 

 Jane Cummiskey! You are the winner of the $25 gift certificate from Simon!! Go here for information. 

i am using the Soaring Birds Wafer die to create two projects to share with you - a card and an artjournal page.

SOAR


DESTINATION SKY


I  created a colorful background for my page with an array of Pawsitively Saturated inks. I began by stamping the background, then I applied the inks with Simon;s Small Blending brushes. I spritzed it a couple of times, lifting some of the ink. 


I die cut the birds using watercolor paper, and selected coordinating inks to blend on to the parts.


Shades of green...


Warm colors...


Yellow, orange and pink...


Cool colors...


Purple and Blue...


I figured out placement of the soaring birds so there would be good contrast with the colors. Final step was to hand letter the word SOAR onto the page.


For my card, I cut the bird out of some scraps I had leftover in my stash from a precious project. I love how this bird will really blend into its environment.


I layered the bird onto the Tim Holtz Bubble background from a mother project, and layers it onto cardstock and added a couple of words to finish it. 



I hope you've enjoyed my two makes using this beautiful new die from Simon Says Stamp. 
Be sure to check out the entire release and the hops for inspiration!




SUPPLIES:

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated inks Set 1 and Set 2
Simon Says Stamp White and Peacock Teal cardstock
Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers



75 comments:

  1. Wow! You have brought this bird to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Love the way you used the birds💜💜💜🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your colors and birds! What a unique way to use the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to recreate the background with the teal and neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layout is gorgeous. Love the card. you do
    a fantastic job on the birds. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are amazing. I love the modern style of the last bird. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll fly away oh glory, I'll fly away. That's a hymn I like. I absolutely love what you did with this bird. Tell those birds to fly straight to Florida because we don't have any that look like them. Absolutely fantastic. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if this got published or not...but wanted to say I really liked your cards. The colors were so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards featuring the bird! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. Love the colourful birds!
    Alison C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really Gorgeous!!! I love your birds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great bird die SSS came up with for this release! I like all of them, but have to say the one you did for the card is my favorite - just love the way it turned out and the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birds are so lovely. If this is a swallow, they are always so acrobatic and lovely to watch. Wonderful colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katharine Alley. The soaring bird is so uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great backgrounds for the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the bird cards are beautiful especially the one with 3 birds.

    Merrill P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! I love the backgrounds. And those birds.....wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the birds. Your cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the beautiful birds, great backgrounds too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your birds are incredible! These cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you colored the backgrounds and birds! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have showcased that sweet little bird perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning. Has a watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this bird. You don't often see a bird die from this angle. Your ideas already have my creative juices flowing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! These cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards! Love the mixture of colors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So incredibly beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome backgrounds for these beautiful birds! Love your color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that bird! Love how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! That bird is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are beautiful and I love the bird die. Tim's Bubble background provides a unique effect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I especially like the you soar card with its colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful cards. The colorful one is so cheerful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your cards... the blended ink background is fabulous 💖

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love all the colors. Great release.

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are gorgeous - and thanks for the step by step photos

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Very lovely cards! Love your vivid colors!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Truly incredible cards

    ReplyDelete
  39. So many ways to highlight the bird! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the Destination Sky card - so pretty! I've been waiting to see a card created with the Soaring Birds die and your card didn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a beautiful card! I love the fabulous background and lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the colour combos, thanks! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the birds and the color combinations, just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your birds! Love the background♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the birds and all the colorful combos!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I just love any inking techniques and these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love your cards using the Soaring bird Wafer die!!! Beautiful designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful cards and page! Looks like so much fun to play with this amazing set - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful, love all these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous colors on the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such beautiful cards! Love the colors and the birds.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the blending you did with so many colors

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fabulous cards! I really love all your different backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your first card is really "out of this world" beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Marisela Delgado said: Wow! What stunning cards! So beautiful! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ooo! Love your soaring birds. Very nicely done. This would be great for graduation cards.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Always enjoy seeing different ways i can use a die. Gives me inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gorgeous work. The birds look so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. wow love the organic backgrounds on your cards - work so well with the bird images

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great backgrounds created.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Blown away by your amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous cards! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Your card designs are so artsy and pretty! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Gorgeous artwork! The bird is beautiful with the colorful backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Many, many thanks for all the beautiful comments you’ve left on my creations. My heart is full. Maura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest