Monday, February 5

Fun With Stencils


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Have a Heart  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Please join me in welcoming back our guest designer for the month - Cassie Lynch aka mk_knits! You've seen her gorgeous work before, so get ready for lots more inspiration from Cassie.

At the beginning of each month we showcase a company, and this month it is STAMPERIA, a favorite of mine!

This week the challenge is: FUN WITH STENCILS

I came across an old kit from River City Rubber Works in my stash and thought it was perfect for this week's challenge. This is what happens when you finally clean out your craft space (well, mostly...) - you find some forgotten treasures to work with. 

Also, when I saw the Coffee and Chocolate paper from Stamperia, I knew I had to get it.  I do so love my coffee and chocolate!


I'VE ADDED A VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM, SO BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT!

Starting off by scoring and folding the tags and cutting out snippets with my Simon scissors. The light tag becomes a holder for the pencil.


Stamperia has stencils that match their papers. I'm using Simon's Pawsitively Saturated Mocha ink, and one of their small blending brushes for my stenciling.


I added papers from Stamperia's Coffee and Chocolate line to the tag books, along with stenciled buts.


Outside papers...


Stenciling a tag for the front ...


....adding some hand dyed ribbon ( using the Mocha ink and seam binding), and creating a focal point for the cover. Add a stack of sticky notes inside the tag book.


Thread through more hand dyed ribbon to close the sticky note tag book.


For the second tag book, you cut a section of the tag off and into two pieces. Roll these and attach on opposite sides for the pencil.


I decided to do lots of stenciling on this one, and used both the Chocolate and Coffee stencils from Stamperia.


I added a few paper cut out embellishments from the line.
Also, I've distressed the edges of all papers and tags with the Mocha ink/


Inside with another "Latte tag" Adhere the sticky notes to the right hand side.


I added a bit of the hand dyed ribbon to the cover, and this one is held closed by the pencil.


The third book I made is a matchbook sticky note holder. I had to stencil doppio on the back, since that is my husband's favorite coffee.

Here are the backs of each of the three tag books.


Covers...

COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TIME!


and...I've even put together a little video to take you through the tag books! 



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Stamperia  Coffee and Chocolate Plates stencil

Stamperia Coffee and Chocolate Cappuccino stencil

Stamperia Coffee and Chocolate 8x8x paper

Stamperia Coffee and Chocolate Paper Cut Outs

Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Mocha ink

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors 

Simon Says Stamp Small Blending Brush

Simon Says Stamp Place and Score Embellishment Wand

TIm Holtz Paper Trimmer

Bearly Art Precision Glue

3M Tape Glider

Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

Simon Says Stamp T Square Ruler

Variety of Tags - Black#10, Manila #10 tag, Kraft Medium size

Hand dyed ribbon

Sticky Notes




So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


4 comments:

  1. Pretty! This has been an wonderful post. Thanks for supplying this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found so many interesting stuff in this blog. Really its great article. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, happy to see this awesome post. Thanks for sharing a great information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post! Please keep sharing post like this. Thanks, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest