Monday, March 4

Bright and Cheery

 

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Fur or Feathers  Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Please join me in welcoming back the very talented, Ann Chuang, who is joining us for the month of March. Welcome back Ann! I am looking forward to your wonderful creativity. 

It's the first challenge of the month, so we are highlighting the awesome array of products and designs from Paper Artsy! We look forward to seeing your creations this week, and if you have Paper Artsy products. we would love to see how you use them!

This week the challenge is: BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL

...a little bit wonderfully WEIRD... 

Well, I do think that describes me quite well!

This turned out to be a make that had a mind of its own. I had an idea in my head and started with bright colors of paint that I smoothed out with a baby wipe after. 


I was going for a rainbow look, so next I rubbed in my cool colors and blended with the baby wipe again. Once dry, I covered the page with clear gesso. Now, my idea was to cover this with black paint, then scrub back some areas to let the colors come through. So, I painted over most of it with the black, but I had unintentionally dried it, so the scrubbing idea was an epic fail.  Or maybe glossy clear gesso or gel medium would have been a better choice. Always learning!


So, mu next idea was to cover part of the black with white, and work on the rainbow of colors again. As I ran the bottle around applying the paint, I noticed that I really liked how it made a frame. I decided to leave the frame and just fill in the center. Then, I played with adding dots of paint around the edge of the frame and really liked that look. 


Once the background was dry, I rubbed in a rainbow of paint colors just using my fingers. 


Now, it's time to stamp some images onto my rainbow. I thought the weird stamp was darn cute, and I often feel a bit wonderfully weird myself. Tracy Scott has some fun mark making stamps, and I added a few of those to my page. 


I added a bit of detail with gold pen, and sprinkled on some Paper Artsy Green Man and Magenta Infusions. Spritz them with a bit of water, and pick up any extra with a paper towel. 


Details... 




I thought I was finished, but decided to smudge a bit of white around the figure to make her stand out a bit more.
I do love working with bright and cheerful colors, and had a lot of fun creating this page in my art journal. The make certainly had a mind of its own, but I really like where it took me. 

BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL...and a little bit WONDERFULLY WEIRD





As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Paper Artsy Joy JM70 stamp

Paper Artsy Tracy Scott TS085 stamp set

Paper Artsy Infusions - Green Man and Magenta

Dylusions 8x8 Creative Journal

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink

Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints - White, Black, Lemon, Magenta, Tangerine, Lime, Ocean, Orchid

Signo Gold Pen

Ranger Mister Bottle

Ranger Heat It Tool 

Prima Marketing Clear Gesso

Dina Wakley Paint Brush



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art journalling Maura, the rainbow background is fabulous and I love the quirky image, very cute :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this brilliant article it was a very useful and helpful article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed by the way you have explained things in this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post went ahead and made my day. I really like this blog post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done article. I'll make sure to use it wisely. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such clever blog work and exposure! Keep up the very good works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much for publishing such amazing content.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s very interesting. And it’s fun. This is a timeless article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you made some good points in Features also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for this post, pretty worthwhile material.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love reading this article so beautiful!!great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some really nice stuff on this internet site, I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you will keep writing articles as good as this, so I gained extensive insight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post! We are linking to this great post on our website.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest