Monday, July 8

Snail Time at the Beach

 


 Hello Monday, my friends! And welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thank you for joining us for the  Add Some Red, White and/or Blue Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is: SUMMER SUN

I've been working on a watercolor book I started in Florida at an art retreat with Joanne Sharpe. This week's theme seemed like the perfect opportunity to add a scene to one of my pages. It's a day at the beach for the snails! 

I painted the ocean scene with the sun on the horizon on heavy watercolor paper. I sketched a palm tree with watercolor, fussy cut it and added it to the beach scene.  


Next I stamped and colored my images for the beach, as well as coloring the snails. I fussy cut the stamped images to use. 


Then, I placed the beach huts towards the water's edge to create the illusion of them being in the background. I added the snails strolling across the beach with their umbrellas - you cet=rtainly don't want a snail to get a sunburn! I added an Adirondack chair too (more on that later).


These beach houses are just so darn cute from Creative Expressions. I colored them with Tombow markers. 


I die cut the Simon Says Stamp Adirondack Chair, shaded the background piece a bit, and added a beach "towel" with Tim Holtz's Colorblock fabric. 


These snails from AALL and Create are just the cutest. I thought it would be fun to have the snails strolling the beach with their umbrellas for a quirky vibe.


details...




It's a beautiful day at the beach for a snail gathering in the summer sun!  Hope you are all enjoying a lovely summer wherever you are!


 



As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $25 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store 
Supplies:

Creative Expressions Life's A Beach stamp set

Tim Holtz Colorblock fabric

Simon Says Stamp Adirondack Chair die cut

AALL and Create Shells and Stems Die cuts

Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink

Canson Watercolor paper

Daniel Smith Watercolors - Sap Green, Quinacridone Purple, Yellow Ochre, Phthalo Green Blue Shade, Hansa Yellow Light, Permanent Orange, Phthalo Turquoise

Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Scissors

Simon Says Stamp Everyday Scissors

Tombow markers

Black pen

Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

Bearly Art Precision Glue 

Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares

Watercolor brushes



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting! Maura

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in .


6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and sweet page Maura! I love the little houses, the snails and your palm tree. The beach towel on the chair is a perfect extra detail. I hope you will have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Anna-Karin! Glad you enjoyed my little scene.

      Delete
  2. I am realy extremely glad to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when people get together and share views. Great website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest