Friday, August 14

Altered Calendars

I have to admit that I don't think I could get through my day, week....without my calendar. If I don't write it down on my calendar, I most likely will not remember! So, if you tell me something, and really want me to remember, be sure you see me pull out my calendar and write it down!

A few years ago, I started to alter calendars to use. Since I am a teacher, my "year" runs from September to June, so I choose the school calendar to use, but any will do. I have altered different sizes, and they all work. Maybe since I find I am much busier now than ever, that I need a bit larger size than the purse calendar I used to use. My first sample is painted, and then stamped and some stickers added. I always like to add a pocket in to keep loose notes, etc. I even made a magnetic clip to mark my date.
Here is last year's sample with patterned papers and rub-ons. I used the Stampin Up tab punch to make month tabs and hand wrote the months on them.

Here is my newest calendar...again, I used patterned papers, chipboard elements, and the tab punch. The papers are from one of my Captured Moments Kit Klubs. I find it is a lot more fun to use my altered calendar, rather than a plain, old, boring one.

This is a good time of the year to think about creating your own altered calendar. I know, for me once school starts, it's holiday time, and the end of the year is peeking around the corner before you know it! We'd love to have you share with us what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest