Wednesday, August 12

Toolbox



A few years ago, I made this tool bin. I found the metal bin at Target on sale - it had a Coca Cola design on it, but I saw the altered potential. I covered all four sides with Basic Grey patterned paper. It was easy to measure the front and back, and for the curved sides, I just laid the bin on the paper and traced the shape.

Next I embellished with stickers, chipboard, ribbons, and other elements. I must have done this after St. Patrick's Day (one of my favorite holidays), because I had this green card from Sheila, and knew it would look just right on the end. I attached ribbon along the edges to give it a finished look.

This makes a great toolbin for scrapbooking supplies, or on a desk. I decided to take it into school and I use it on my desk to keep all of my teacher supplies organized - it works great, and I love having a bit of my creativity there in front of me at work.Next time you are out shopping, be sure to check the sale section and try to look at the items through a "crafting" lens. There are so many ways to alter items and make them uniquely your own. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest