Tuesday, April 13

Skewer Mini Album

I thought that I would share with you this Skewer Mini Album that I made to commemorate afternoon tea with Maura on a previous visit. That's just another thing that we like to do when we get together and I like to make little books about each one.

This is simply help together on the spine with a bamboo skewer and a ponytail holder. I found the skewers at the grocery store. The insides were kept simple...I just printed out a photo to size and kept a bit of a white border.

Here's how to make your own:
Two pieces of cardstock cut to 6" x 11-1/2" as shown in the diagram below. I used a kraft cardstock on the outside and a patterned cardstock on the inside of mine. Score them vertically at 4-1/2", 5", 9-1/2" and 10". Adhere both pieces together making sure that they match along the score lines. Fold creases inward at the scored lines on the cardstock to form the album cover. Make a pencil mark at 1” from the top and bottom edge of the 1-1/2” flap. Make a diagonal cut from that mark to the first score line. You can either use Velcro dots or magnets to create a closure. Open the album back up and punch holes in the middle of the spine 1/2" in from the top and bottom edge. I used my Cropadile to do this.

For the inside pages, cut two 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" pieces of coordinating cardstock and fold each in half along the 8-1/2" edge (like a card). Stack the 4 pieces together to form the pages of the book and punch a hole 1/4" from the top and bottom edge at the fold. These holes should line up with the holes in the spine. Loop the ponytail holder over one end of the bamboo skewer and use a folded piece of wire to thread the rubber band through the top hole in the spine of the album and then through the top hole of the 4 inside pages. Pull the ponytail holder back through the 2nd hole of the inside pages and then through the album cover. Loop the end of the ponytail holder over the end of the bamboo skewer. You can just see the loops of the black ponytail holder on the outside of my spine.

These would also be cool using a real stick for an outdoorsy, rustic look or even using 3-4 skewers glued together to cover the whole spine. It's up to you and your creativity!

1 comment:

  1. Sheila,
    A fairly simple book to put together with a neat way to bind it! and of course, I love the topic! tea...that's me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest