Saturday, September 24

Halloween Countdown Project

My very talented and creative friend, Doris, designed this project for us, and showed us how to make our own countdown to Halloween.  I've always liked the Advent calendars at Christmas, so this was fun to do.  Now, I have to decide whether I hang it up at home, or take it to school for my students to enjoy.

We started with a 12 x 12 cork board, and then I covered mine with patterned paper.  Doris had cut out the cute "windows" from a Stampin Up die, and we stamped, and layered and embellished to our heart's content.  At home, I added the numbers and buttons. Mine has a ribbon to hang it, but some of the  ladies are putting theirs into a frame.
I wanted to make the black chipboard pieces "pop", so put crackle glaze on them.  This is a close up of one of the pieces, and I just love the design and dimension that the crackle adds to it.

A BIG shout out to Doris for this perfect Halloween project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest