Tuesday, March 19

Simon Says - Water Challenge!

So, what's a creative girl to do when it snows for hours on end, piles up to 9 or 10", and she has a snow day from school? Well play of course! This didn't start as my idea for the water challenge, rather it evolved as I played. So first, snow day fits the challenge, because as we all know, snow is water!
Then, my son mentioned I got a box...yesterday...and it was my new Tim Holtz Distress paints!! So, of course I had to play with them! Turns out I also received the final Inchies for a swap I was hostessing, and I like to make some kind of thank you for playing along-perfect!!
Chose these to play with, swiped some on my craft mat, spritzed with water, and ran the tags across. Next step, flick some water on them and let them dry.
More play! Trying out the paint for stamping, more color!
One stamp. Three ways. From left to right - first generation stamping - 2nd generation - and then a bit of a spritz with water for the 3rd. Gen. I really like how different they are!
Since my swap included some fabric and sewing, I chose this Tim Holtz "Vogue" stamp with black archival ink. (personally, I was more of a Simplicity gal back when I did more sewing)
Not quite satisfied yet, I mixed a couple of distress stains with...you guessed it...water! I wanted to add a bit of sparkle to the tag.
Final step- black pen to go over the dress, and a bit of white.
Attach some of the distressed ribbon I made as a little thank you, and I am done. It's still snowing outside :)

How would you use your own personal snow day?

8 comments:

  1. These are so so cool. Looks like you had fun with your new inks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maura...looks like you had a lot of fun playing with your new Distress Paints. Don't you just love them? I really like your tags with all of the blending, stamping, etc. of the colors. Very cool stamps between the first and third stamping. I also like your fashionable lady stamp. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag, your background is gorgeous, loving the paints, love the stamping in the background too. Love how you painted the dress white and outlined in black, makes the image pop. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stampnand Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maura...first the snow is gorgeous! It a beautiful photo scene! Second, congrats on the score...yay! And, way to play! You did good! These tags are FABULOUS!!!! I love the blending of paints and the brights you choose to contrast your wintery world! The stamp you chose is wonderful as well, and coloring her in watery metallic is genius! These are stunners! Thanks for playing in our watered down challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maura, LOVE what you did on your snow day. It's a good thing you remembered that box of goodies to play with. Great job!and a perfect way to enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maura... I LOVE this! Gorgeous work! You have such a way with color and creating depth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used your new paints and love that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha -- that's funny. My kid opens my mail and yours forgets to tell you you have any. :) Glad you were able to enjoy the day off making your cool tags. I don't have any of the paints (yet!) and am also hankering after the metallic stains. I need a money tree -- *grin* ~ Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest