Wednesday, August 20

In the Laboratory

Inspired by Tim Holtz's August 2014 Tag, and the August steampunk challenge "in the laboratory" at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges, I set out to create this tag.

As a scientist by nature, well, teacher of science, I really like this theme, and wanted to go big, so chose a giant tag to work with, some Tim Holtz stamps, Washi, and distress stains to build a base.

Next up, add another layer using distress ink, and some new colors.

Once it dried, next step was some molding paste and Tim's burlap stencil, a bit more color, and I am liking the base, and the vintage colors.

I stamped and cut additional images to add, added in more details like gears, keys, metal...

From the " ah ha!" Moment, to the application and creation...

From theory to practice...in the lab.

 

4 comments:

  1. AS I've said many times, Maura, when it comes to steampunk you're right up there with the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the story your awesome tag tells, Maura!

    Your love for science has gone into this wonderful creation of yours! I can see it everywhere!

    Thank you for sharing this fab Steampunk creation with us at SASPC!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - the colours the texture the stamping everything !!!!

    Mines up it would be great if you'd visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness what an awesome take! LOVE the colors and the images are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest