Monday, May 18

The LoraX speaks for the trees!

This week the challenge at Simon Says Stamp is "XYZ".

Alphabet letters get me thinking about Dr. Seuss, and that gets me thinking about one of my favorite stories, "The LoraX." Perfect combination to work on in my art journal.

I started by making my background with water colors, keeping it bright. It's easy with a water brush and Peerless watercolor papers.

 

Oh, I do love Truffula Trees! On a back road near me I pass a tree I call my Dr. Seuss tree - it reminds me of a Truffula every time I pass, and makes me smile.

Look how easy it is to finish these with some black pen doodling. Not perfect, and a bit different from the ones in the LoraX, but they are my take. I found a great quote that is perfect for my May theme of "grow" in my Artfully Inspired Life class.

I have very subtle hints of XYZ on my page, so I thought, why not add a letter to each of my trees. I think Dr. Seuss would approve.

Hmm, this would be a fun idea to spin off into an alphabet or number book for a child.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest