Friday, November 27

Tree Garland

I've been crafting up a little Christmas here, even though it is an unbelievable 60 degrees out. Usually we have a bit of snow by now....but hey, I'll take it.

Simon Says Stamp has  great new line called Create Joy which has some wonderful materials for the holidays. I was drawn to the Holly Ornament die cut, and originally was going to make cards with it, Instead, my brain said why not make it into a garland for the tree? I've been drawn to blues lately and was thinking icy whites and blues for this .


I die cut the holly ornament in white, hand cut the blue circles since I didn't have the right size punch, and adhered them with paper adhesive with a sprinkle of glitter. I decided to use floss to tie them on to the hand dyed ribbon and leave it hanging free.



I made two strands and took them outside to photograph on our hemlock trees, since my Christmas tree is not up yet. I'm thinking they will make a fun addition to this year's tree!


Happy holiday crafting and have fun creating joy!

Supplies:



   

   
   
 
   
   

1 comment:

  1. I just love your tree garland - what a beautiful way to use that die!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest