Monday, May 29

Simon Says: We're going around in Circles



Hello Monday friends! I hope you have had a great week with lots of crafting play time! This week we are "Going around in Circles" and I bet you will think of some great ways to interpret this theme! 

Dr. Sonia, it has been wonderful having you join us this month! I look forward to more creative treasures from you in the months to come! If you haven't visited her blog yet, you are in for a treat!

I headed to one of my art journals and started to play with paints, stamps and stencils from Seth Apter. I really admire what Seth creates and have been super lucky to take classes with him - I highly recommend it if you ever have the opportunity!

Some days I feel like I'm spinning in circles ... do you ever feel that way?
Past, present and future circles are linked in our lives by the choices we make...so yes, that was what was running through my mind when I was working on this.


First step, just get some paint onto the paper, now no more white sheet staring back at you. 


I built layer upon layer of color, varying back and forth between light and dark, opaque and translucent. My guess is I might have 10 - 15 layers built up here, and it really creates wonderful texture. Mostly I brayer some paint onto a linen sheet for texture and press into the page. At the end, I did a bit of finger painting to smudge in some more color.


Here is the array of Paper Artsy colors I used.


Next step stamping! I tried using some colored inks, but they just disappeared into the background, so I stamped in black and Antarctic paint.


I decided to add splatters with French Roast and Buff.


I used my finger and Antarctic and smudged in several circles, so certain images would stand out. Then, I went in with the stencil (Past, present, future by Stencil Girl), a sponge and French Roast.


Since this was in an art journal, I did not want to put on dimensional elements, but instead used Seth's Robo Ring Die and vintage paper and die cut some circles. I adhered them with the Paper Artsy Matte Glaze and then covered the entire page with it, before going in with pens.


Some details so you can see the lettering and doodling with white and black pens.




Is your head spinning yet with all these circles? All I can say is I had fun making this!


I'm looking forward to seeing how you interpret our circle theme this week! Be sure to share with us, because you could win the $50 voucher from Simon!


SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       

Simon Says Stamp is a GREAT place to shop!!



Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge.


Be sure to head on over to see what the Monday DT is creating with circles this week, I know it will be awesome!!






15 comments:

  1. What a fun and colorful background, Maura! Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous journal page Maura, the background is gorgeous, I love the colours and the theme of past, present and future is very clever! what an inspiration!! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your theme and I love Paper Artsy paints. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this page Maura. That background just sings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super journal page and a fabulous background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Maura, awesome background! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool and it's always a treat to see your inventive techniques! This must've taken more patience than I possess, but the outcome is really a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and awesome creation, Maura. The colors and the patterns you created on this page are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all those pretty circles! And I so love that textured background with all those layers. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing project Maura...loving your gorgeous textured multi layered background...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has such amazing depth and detail Maura and I love the colour palette you've used...everything works so well together and is another wonderful project! Hugs... <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a number of colors on the background! I love how they pass one through another making such a rich and vibrant colorful background. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic mix of colors you did in the backrgound! I love that my eyes is driven all around the page! Awesome project my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Zoey, your mix of colors is extraordinary! I love so much how you used Seth's stuff! Fabulous! barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest