Monday, October 30

All Creatures Great and Small



Happy Monday, my friends! Are you ready for a new challenge? Our challenge for you this week is ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL. I have two, yes two cards to share with you this week!

It's been fantastic having Wanda Hentges with us for the month of October! I've enjoyed her takes on our challenges, and I am sure you have been as inspired by her creativity as I have. Thank you Wanda!

I just returned from a Sisters beach getaway in St. Augustine Florida and needed to make thank you cards for my sisters. One just returned from a trip to Africa and the other lives near the beach, so I wanted to make a special card for each of them. We had so much fun, and it is always great to spend time together!


All creatures GREAT...


and all creatures SMALL...


I love my new Tim Holtz Stamping Platform! It is super easy to use and makes a great impression. I used it to stamp the images onto watercolor paper.


I used these fun watercolor palettes add color to my images.


Elephant and land done...


Sky added...


I thought I was so smart stamping both of the inserts for the cards, until...I realized I oriented them wrong - big OOPS! So back to the stamp platform, but the Simon card stock is so nice and heavy, it is easy to turn it over and redo it.


I brought back some awesome threads from India, and tied some to the top to finish off the card.


Inside...


I went all out and even stamped the envelopes! LOL!



The Stamping Platform works great to create scenes. In this first one, I made a mask of the fish using a Post It note.



Here you can see it looks like the fish is swimming in front of the plants.


Starting to layer on some color...


I popped up the jelly fish and added pretty fibers (thanks Andrea!)...


Inside...


Card + envelope



I was inspired to make two thank you cards using both large and small creatures. I hope you will join us this week! Dig out your critters both great and small and be sure to share it with us - our friends at Simon Says Stamp are offering a $50 voucher to one lucky participant!


SUPPLIES:
                                        
                                                    
                                        

A GREAT place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram! use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to head on over to the challenge to see what amazing creations my teamies have come up with!




10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, thank you for this summer memory, with the cold that has come last days I need it a lot. Sweet, sunny, summery and relaxing, great set of cards. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used texture on both cards, Maura, and in such a clever way. Both of these cards are beautiful.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to see not one but TWO of your creations! I love how you went aquatic and the scene inside of that card really resonated with me. I'm always in the mood for the beach! And the jelly fish is a genius use of fibers. The elephant is a great one, too, and I love how you've incorporated your painting skills into both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, Maura! I love how you added torn ribbons to add some dimension to the jellyfish! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! I love how youneed the fibres to create the jelly fish - amazing 😁. Wishing you a Happy November! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do love these cards, Maura! I adore the scenes and LOVE how you've created that jellyfish...it looks amazing and it's such a clever idea! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Maura!!! I'm sure they must love them!!! Thanks for your sweet comment for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are absolutely wonderful! I adore the sea theme and its colors so my favorite is the blue card! love love the scene you've created! Fab work! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are awesome, Maura. The colors on the background you created and those images are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these cards are fabulous, Maura! Love the stunning elephant and the underwater scene is gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest