Tuesday, September 25

N*Studio Creative Squad: Never Stop Dreaming


Hello! I am over at the Creative Squad today with Nathalie Kalbach sharing how I created this art journal page HERE. I'd love for you to stop over and let me know what you think! 

 


***********************************

In case you missed it, here is my Creative Squad project for August. 

RAIDERS OF THE LOST STASH



I’m feeling a bit like Indiana Jones this month with our theme! First, I raided my stash to find something to work on - I was looking for a notebook I could alter, and found a small canvas covered one I use for notes on projects.  Then, because I was channeling Indiana Jones, I wanted to find something exotic to use, and came up with some great trims from India, Turkmen jewelry pieces and a head that reminds me of a deity. 

I started by stenciling both covers with the mini Santiago stencil, using Pale Gold paint and a cosmetic sponge for a very subtle layer.  


Next I added Ultramarine Blue to the gel plate and rolled it out with a brayer, so I could stamp on it to pick up the paint. I angled the Van Vorst Negative around all corners of the notebook. 




I attempted to line up the positive Van Vorst Art Foamie with a corner section, and was totally off kilter, so decided to go with imperfection. I also stamped this image in the center of each cover over the gold, using the Cobalt Teal Hue. 


Time for a contrasting color, so once again, I rolled out the paint on the gel plate with a brayer (this is a great way to “ink” up the art foamie stamps) and stamped the orange into the center using the Antique Tile pattern. 




Now that I feel like I am on a global journey with my notebook it’s time to add in some more gold. I have found that gold adds a hint of the mysterious and exotic, so I stamped more onto the canvas using the Grove Street Small Circle stamp. 


I tied bits of sari ribbon onto the notebook spiral. 



Now that my background is done, it’s time to add the cover embellishments. I glued down the fabric trims, added the dangly bits to the metal piece, and glued that in place with the head. It’s almost like having a small shrine on my notebook. 


Since I use this notebook for jotting down ideas, perhaps my little shrine will act like my muse and keep sending me creative vibes. It will certainly be colorful and fun to pull out and use! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest