Tuesday, July 23

N*Studio Creative Squad: Food for Thought



 Hello friends! I'm over at the N*Studio Creative Squad today, sharing how to make a 
"Royal Chef Hat"





In case you missed it...

HEX MARKS THE SPOT


I love using pouches and bags to organize my art supplies, and have a wide variety of styles to choose from. Bags to hold pens and pencils, bags to hold paint, papers … you name it, and I probably have a bag for that supply.

Some bags are boring and plain, like the mesh bag I started with here. It is so easy to transform a plain pouch into a mini work of art with some paint and stamps and make it your own. 



I like to use the gel plate to blend colors. I started with the red and magenta, and stamped the Space Oddity Hex stamp into it, then transferred the paint to the bag and repeated a pattern of three across the bag. Be sure to clean the paint off the stamps after using them. With a large design like these, I just use a baby wipe to clean them. 




Next, I blended the yellow and orange on the gel plate with the brayer, and laid the stamp into it. I offset the hex stamp this time onto the previous stamped design. I also repeated a partial pattern at the bottom and top of the bag with the yellow/orange and then the magenta. 



I spread the yellow onto the gel plate with a brayer, and used the small beacon positive stamp to fill in the design between the hexes.  Final step once the paint dried was to tie on a bit of sari ribbon. 



This is an easy project with minimal supplies. The process will work on any surface that will take acrylic paint. 




I challenged myself to work outside of my usual color choices, and I like the bright, cheerful feel of the altered bag. It’s ready to be filled with markers, pencils, tools…whatever I might need for a project. One thing is for certain, this bag won’t get lost in a crowd! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest