Monday, February 3

Floral Frenzy



Hello Monday my friends! We are in a FLORAL FRENZY this week and showcasing the amazing products of Prima in our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. If you are in the midst of winter, what better time to play with bright cheerful flowers than now? If you live where the flowers are blooming, more power to you! 

Please join me in welcoming our guest artist for February - Cristina of Rosso Papevero! I know you will be delighted with her amazing style of mixed media. Welcome Cristina!!

So when your challenge is a floral frenzy, what better company to turn to for flowers than Prima? They have so many gorgeous ones to choose from! I decided to work with the Moon Child themes for my piece. 

MOON DREAMS


I started with a Salvage Board, and covered it with Prima's Moon Child paper (the galaxy one, although it does get hidden as I work). I love working with this Finnabair stencil, and added a gold layer with a cosmetic sponge. 


Meanwhile, I found this dreamy girl to cut out, and because I wanted dimension, I adhered her to cardboard with tacky glue. While I had the cardboard out, I thought, why not make a crescent moon? I dressed her up with a bit of paint and the oh, so creamy waxes.


I decided to add more glitter to the background with the Art Alchemy sparkle paints. 


And then when I opened the flower pack, I found this piece of vellum, so had to add in some bits. 


Next, it was just a matter of getting everything into place and positioning the flowers. 


I added in some lovely moon embellishments and dewdrops.


Look at that beautiful dimension! I added the leaves, and instead of cutting off the long stems, I curled them up for some tiny vines. 


If you are like me, you've had those dreamy moments of just staring at the beautiful moon. There is something special about the moon that draws me to it. 


Are you ready to join us this week and make something for our FLORAL FRENZY challenge? I hope to see your make! One participant is drawn at random each week for a $50 shopping voucher from our generous friends at Simon Says Stamp! It could be you!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    

                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram - use #sssmchallenge


Be sure to check out the frenzy of flowers the design team is gathering for you this week!





3 comments:

  1. This is so playful and I like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely project Maura! I love the image and all the flowers and bling. She even has earrings! Gorgeous shiny background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a beautiful make! The flowers look gorgeous against the background and I love the gold stenciling - perfect 😁. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest